Wednesday 2 April 2008

Quotes

Spence from Ashburne emails me very frequently and always ends with different quotes, that I find really amusing a) because he has the time to find them and 2) the iniaitive to find them- both things I lack. Therefore, I am now going to make a considerable effort to 1) make more time for the small things in life and b) be more creative (like I used to be!) So here goes: Real, constructive mental power lies in the creative thought that shapes your destiny, and your hour-by-hour mental conduct produces power for change in your life. Develop a train of thought on which to ride. The nobility of your life as well as your happiness depends upon the direction in which that train of thought is going. Laurence J. Peter US educator & writer (1919 - 1988) I like this because I've often made bad jokes/metaphors about trains (like, I lost my train of thought, it jumped the track). I'm going to start working on my thought train, now! PS I totally cheated to find my quote, I just used Google and http://www.quotationspage.com

No comments: